In Jira, I have a custom field "Type of Work" which is a single choice dropdown selector. I want this field to have two more options: "BAU" & "New Dev", but this "Type of work" field is used in 27 screens. I wanted the two new options to only be available in the screens whose names start with the key "DATA:". To do that, I created a new "Type of Work" with work with capital first letter. However, I now get an error message when creating a new issue, even when "Type of Work" is filled. The error I see is pointing to the old field, which is no longer part of this create issue screen, nevertheless I keep getting the error:
<!> Type of work: Type of work is required.

Here's the response from the support:
I understand you're facing issues with a custom field that appear to be required even though it is not part of the creation screen anymore.
If we go to create an issue, and click in options (...) > Find your field, we can search for the Type of work field and learn more information about, as below:

END OF SUPPORT MESSAGE
Further to the above, I also went to that screen which the support mentions and I only got the new field there which is "Type of Work*".
However when I go into the corresponding field configuration, to remove the old “*Type of work”* from this field configuration, there isn’t any button “Remove“ button.
Any suggestions?