So we are currently implementing 2 week sprints across our DevOps. I am relatively new to Jira, I am learning fast and am loving the tool, but still need to fill in more learning gaps. The company I am working for has been using Jira for many years since before me and my team lead started here, so the projects were already setup. We have Jira projects based on our products. The design team has a separate project where they link their tasks to epics of the 'product based projects'. We recently implemented sprint with the Dev team and setup a multi-project sprint board with a JQL that pulls issues (epics, stories, tasks, sub-tasks) from the other projects. On this board we don't create any issues, it is just a scrum sprint board that helps be in sync with the team and to plan work.
Now we are in the process of setting up a Test team sprint board where we want to track test plans and executions. The board I have setup pulls issues from the same 'products based projects'. So now the challenge is we want to hide Dev sprints from Test sprints to help keep team stay focused on their specific work in progress but the test team board shows an active sprint form the dev sprint board while the vice versa is not happening with the dev sprint board. I need help in separating these two in case if I am missing something.
The issue types are different on both the boards.
Thanking you advance y'all