I'm encountering an issue with Jira's JQL (Jira Query Language) when using the contains (~) operator to search for an issue property that contains a colon (:) surrounded by characters on both sides. Strangely, this error does not occur when using the equals (=) operator.
To provide more context:
- I'm using the JQL contains (~) operator to search for a specific value within an issue property.
- The issue property I'm searching for contains a colon (:) surrounded by characters on both sides.
- When executing the JQL search with the contains (~) operator, I encounter an error.
- However, when I use the equals (=) operator with the same search criteria, the error does not occur.
"Component Versions" = "Version:1" OR issue.property[property].content ~ "Version:1"
The above JQL query results in an error due to the presence of the colon surrounded by characters on both sides in the property value.
Could someone help me understand why this error occurs specifically with the contains (~) operator and provide guidance on how to resolve it? Is there a workaround or alternative approach to achieve the desired search functionality without encountering this error?
Any insights or assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you!