I have several draw.io diagrams embedded onto Confluence pages using "embed draw.io diagram". I create the diagrams in their own browser tab separate to Confluence.
The draw.io file is saved on my local HDD, and I pick this file when embedding (I use the 'upload' tab and then select the file).
If I later go into Draw.io (directly in it's own browser tab) and I edit the diagram and save it (to the same original file that I picked when embedding), the confluence page will remain frozen in time on the diagram as it was when I first embedded it (even after refreshing). I expected it to reflect the latest changes, since the draw.io file is saved on my local HDD. Does it simply not work this way, or is there a way for me to get the confluence page to see the latest version?
I see now that if I go to the confluence page first, and edit the diagram using the Edit icon on the embedded diagram, then it does work - the confluence page correctly updates afterwards. I can do it this way if needed; just checking that I'm not missing something about my original method.