I am currently encountering a challenge with implementing a dynamic filtering mechanism within JIRA issues. Specifically, my objective is to utilize two custom dropdown fields related to asset objects, where the selection made in the first dropdown dynamically influences the available options in the second dropdown. These custom fields are designed to interact with each other based on an underlying asset's object attribute reference.

To achieve this dynamic interaction, I have been attempting to configure the Filter issue scope using AQL (Asset Query Language). The goal is to construct an AQL statement that dynamically filters the second dropdown options based on the selection from the first dropdown or an input from a text field. However, I am facing difficulties in correctly formulating the AQL statement as per the provided documentation. While entering a static formula in the Filter scope (AQL) field validates and functions as expected, transitioning this to a dynamic Filter issue scope (AQL) scenario results in validation errors.

Interestingly, when I omit the dollar sign ($) from the formula, it passes validation but fails to function as required.

Has anyone encountered a similar issue or can offer guidance on how to successfully implement dynamic filtering between custom dropdown fields using AQL within JIRA? Any insights on the correct formulation of the AQL statement or alternative approaches to achieve this dynamic filtering capability would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance for your assistance and recommendations.