Hi Community,
We need to bulk move ~6000 customers from one JSM company-managed project to another team-managed project. What's the easiest way to do this?
I have tried:
- Exporting a list of all the customers from Jira, which gives me ~6000 email addresses separated by comma. I then go to the new project's Customer page in the JSM UI > Add customers, then paste the email list. The system crashes though as clearly 6000 is too much.
- Using the JSM API call below to get all Customer emails and display names, then I would use a separate API call to post new Customers to the new project. However, many user emails are hidden via the API, so this is not a reliable option.
https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/service-desk/rest/api-group-servicedesk/#api-rest-servicedeskapi-servicedesk-servicedeskid-customer-get
As it's a team-managed project, we don't have the option to simply add the same group of Customers from our directory to the People page in the new project; since team-managed projects do not have this role/feature.
The "simplest" option I can think of is to split up step 1 above into smaller batches, but this is going to be a real pain. Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance