Hi, I have a project created in the Jira Work Management via Project Management. This has epics on it, I also have a scrum board with tasks in it. How do I link the Epics in Project Management to the tasks in the Scrum board? Thanks
Hayden
Hi Hayden - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
Are these both Company-managed projects? If you use the Parent field on the scrum board issues, do you see the Epic from the JWM project?
You will most likely need to include the Epics of the JWM project in the board filter used by the Scrum board in the other project.
Hi John,
Thanks for the speedy reply. One is "team-managed project" (JWM) while the other is "company-managed project" (Scrum). In the parent field, I am unable to see the epic from the JWM. Too add the filter, is that done via the project settings tab? Thanks
The problem is that Team-managed projects are designed to be completely self-contained and not interact with any other projects - even other Team-managed projects. I don't think you are going to be able to do what you are trying to do.
You would need to create a Company-managed project for JWM and then migrate you data over to it. Then you should see the Epic.
I see, I will give that ago. Thanks again
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.