I want to be able to schedule this import.
My approach is to trigger the Import Start via the API (but if there is another way, then please let me know.)
Post Import Start API Documentation
Microsoft Entra ID Integration Documentation
Atlassian App - JSM Assets - Microsoft Entra ID (Azure AD) Integration
I've got my workspace ID, I've got the importSource ID.
I send a POST request according to the documentation and it fails with a (415) Unsupported Media Type error. No biggie, just set the content-type as well. When I set both the Accept and Content-Type, then I get a (400) Bad Request error.
I've tried the steps outlined in How to schedule Assets import using Automation for Assets and the error is a little more revealing:
Error publishing web request. Response HTTP status: 400Error response HTTP body:{"errorMessages":["Cannot start import if run externally"],"errors":{}}
Hello,
There are 2 different import types for JSM Assets. One of them is out of the box import type which means CSV and JSON. The second one is external import. Atlassian's application and other marketplace applications (including ours) use this import type. The API is designed by Atlassian so that the the import logic (object type/attribute creation, mapping, and scheduling) is in the control of the application.
In summary, at the moment, you won't be able to trigger an import via the API.
FYI
Hakan Bahadir
Pio
Well, that's frustrating. I figured that was the reason. I wish it were possible to just expose the extension's trigger to the Assets API (or have built-in scheduling).
I convinced my organization to buy Premium licensing to get the Asset Management functionality and now I have to tell them that in order to use it I'll need them to purchase another thing. I get that you built an app that does essentially the same thing, with the scheduling feature, and I'm not saying you shouldn't get paid for that work, but honestly, I'd rather Atlassian just buy your products outright and just include it in with Premium.
These seem like essential features that should just come with Asset Manager.
Are we gonna have this feature in near feature? Very important
I would hope so, but I sincerely doubt it. It's difficult to tell where they are focusing their efforts, but I haven't seen any evidence that this is on any roadmap.
I have the same problem, extremely frustrating!
I too have this problem. We need a way to schedule automated Entra ID imports to Assets - feels like a bit of an oversight this can't be done!
Same problem here
This is very unfortunate. Here is the link to the suggestion, please vote:
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9920
I can see, thtat the Automation started to work - the request initializes the import from plugin "JSM Assets - Microsoft Entra ID (Azure AD) Beta Integration".
The problem is that import feezes on the state "Fetching data from external source", does anybody found solution?
Hi Manuela,
how did you manage to set up the automation?
I am getting an error message:
Hi Kevin, I've done everything eactly as described in this "workaround": https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/schedule-assets-import-using-automation/
I suppose that you also followed it - strange, that on my instnce the rule works, but like I mentioned above import freezes (the import start is not mention in log, only when I cancel). I've made network analysis in my browser and the response is different when I enable import with automation / when I enable manual import. Atlassian support responded to me that they can't help since it's beta.
Thanks for the response!
Would you mind sharing a screenshot with me? (of course masking your details)
For what it's worth, I used the article at https://support.atlassian.com/jira/kb/schedule-assets-import-using-automation/ to configure this in my instance today and it worked with no issues.
I have noticed that the "Fetching data from external source" can take a very long time if what you're importing has a lot of objects. For ~7k users it's been taking about 10-15 minutes to complete the import. I'm not sure why it's so slow, but it's pretty consistent.
This app imports employee details automatically on schedule (or manually)
https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/3126874375
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.