Hello Atlassian Community,
I'm exploring ways to enhance our Confluence Cloud's security and governance model, and I've encountered a specific need that I'm unsure how to address within the current permission settings offered by Confluence.
Our organization wants to ensure that only site admins have the capability to delete spaces within Confluence, effectively preventing space admins from being able to delete spaces they manage. This is crucial for us to prevent accidental or unauthorized deletion of critical workspaces containing important documentation and collaboration history.
I've reviewed the standard permissions and settings available in Confluence Cloud but haven't found a straightforward way to achieve this level of granularity in permission control. Our goal is to maintain the flexibility and autonomy of space admins to manage their spaces effectively while ensuring that the deletion of any space is a controlled and deliberate action taken by a site admin.
Could anyone in the community advise if they've managed to implement a similar restriction within their Confluence environment? Are there any workarounds, third-party tools, or best practices that you could recommend to help us set up this kind of permission scheme?
Any insights, suggestions, or guidance on how we might achieve this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!