I am currently using Jira Premium Cloud for a scrum project, where I've created six tasks, each aligned with a one-week sprint. All tasks are assigned to a single individual (myself) within one team. These tasks are estimated in both story points and hours, with the team's velocity is around 40 points and 56 hours. On average, each task has an original estimation of approximately 5 hours (~30 hours in total) and 5 story points (30 points in total).
My goal was to use the "plan" feature of my Jira Premium for ensuring effective "capacity planning." I anticipated that during the capacity planning process, Jira would alert me if a person was assigned tasks beyond their "capacity." However, contrary to my expectations, Jira allows me to assign all six tasks to a single person on the same day, even when the total estimated time exceeds 24 hours or the total assigned points. Furthermore, the auto-scheduler simply sets the start and end times for a week without issuing any warnings, even when the capacity is clearly exceeded.
How can I effectively conduct "capacity planning" if Jira does not provide warnings when capacity is exceeded? What am I doing wrong?
