Our customers do their UAT and report defects back to us using the Service Portal. The workflow gets the issues into a "Client UAT" status and notifies the client.
For their testing, they can transition the issue as "Client UAT Approve" or "Fail UAT". If they "Fail UAT", they need to be able to tell us their repro steps, the environment and attach supporting screenshots or other documentation.
Out of the box, Jira does not have this functionality and only provided a very simple comment box on transition. There is a feature request out for this functionality already, but I can't wait years for that.
I'd like to provide a form or custom screen or something for the customer to populate on "Fail UAT" transition. I've tried to create a form to collect the UAT Defect data and allow attachments, but this form has to be on the request all the time. In other words, I can't just have the form show up only when they transition "Fail UAT".
Does anyone have any suggestions or experience with this situation to collect more than just a comment when the customer transitions on the portal? Any ideas/help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.