Here we have child issue #157 assigned to Adi. The parent issue, #28, belongs to Mitch. How does Adi know #157 is on his task list? It's not listed on Board nor in Timeline filtered for Adi.
Am I missing a setting?
Hi @IABLE,
I have done a simple simulation on a test environment and noticed that it is definitely possible to show subtasks assigned to me on a board while the parent issue is not. My project is company managed, the board is kanban.
That the subtasks are not visible on the timeline, is normal. Sub-tasks are not available there. But I would expect your subtask to be visible on the board itself.
There are several possible causes, but to make a proper assessment, you would need to share more details about your board and project configuration:
Hope this helps!
Hi Walter,
Thanks for taking the time to help.
We have the free team managed plan.
The only filtering I see is the search and the 'Custom Filters' dropdown. None are set.
I don't see settings for hiding child issues anywhere. I do see the little hierarchy icon for tasks that have child issues. But those tasks do not show up in the circumstances mention in the original post.
A team managed project does indeed behave differently. I noticed that subtasks are indeed not visible if you have no grouping by sub-tasks set. This is what I was referring to as swimlanes, but that concept is used on boards in company managed projects, not team managed.
In a team managed project, with no grouping I don't see sub-tasks on the board:
After enabling grouping by sub-task, they appear and I can apply a filter so I can see my sub-tasks:
That works. Not as concise as the straightforward Board View, but we can see all the tasks.
Thanks much!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.