Hi,
I use a premium plan and therefore have the ability to create my own ticket hierarchies.
In my organization, we receive a request in JSW from JSM, in our agile organization, we split this initial request into Epic, Story to initiate our sprints.
So I created a hierarchy:
Initial request (Dev, Evo, ...) > Epic > Story> Subtask, combined with the use of the new parent field.
In the case of a small request, I do not necessarily need the Epic level, and I want to directly attach a story to an initial request,.
Jira requires respecting the hierarchy and does not allow a story to be attached to another request what does an Epic have?
I also tried upgrading the initial request to Epic level : Epic > Story > Subtask.
but in this case I can no longer attach Epic to a request because it is at the highest level.
Am I obliged to stay in the Epic > Story > Sub task case and manage the Initial request > Epic link using a dedicated type of link, and do without the use of the parent field (therefore double management of parent tickets in the automaton ...)?
Thank you in advance for your feedback