I'm trying to use Jira(free version) on my browser. Not sure why, but when I try to create an issue, in this case an epic, it doesn't have a name field for me to enter. Attaching a screenshot of what I see.
Hello @Tarun Narasimha Varma Muppalla
Welcome to the Atlassian community!
Are you referring to the field specifically for Epic type issues called "Epic Name"? If so, that field has been discontinued in Jira Cloud. It is no longer a required field and by default is no longer shown on Epic issue screens.
This change is described in this article:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Upcoming-changes-to-epic-fields-in-company-managed-projects/ba-p/1997562
Is name field were configured for the project? was this added to the Epic field? You can try clicking on 3 dots at top right corner and see show field and where is my field.
Kindly Accept and Vote if it helps.
Thanks
Hello Trudy,
Thanks for letting me know, this was helpful.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.