My manager is insistent that I use Confluence to author a large, complex construction specification. This could be a dozen+ chapters (presuming each chapter would be a Confluence page). I would need active links (hot links) for a TOC, and links from one section to another, often across pages/chapters.
The only way I've found to do active links is by applying anchors, then creating links to those anchors. Would this work across pages/chapters?
(note that the end result is needed to be a PDF, for distribution outside of Confluence. Seems to me to be risky, and a lot of extra work).
I've experimented with anchors within a single page, and have succeeded with active links in the TOC (with the TOC macro applied after anchors are in place), and linking from the text of a given section to an anchor elsewhere in the page. But I haven't seen how to do this across pages. Nor do I see how to include multiple pages in the creation of the TOC.