I don't see a Gadget that represents the progress of an issue. Want to show what's in the image below in a Dashboard Gadget:
Hi @Steve Nienaber
if you're open to solutions from the Atlassian Marketplace, this is available in the app that my team and I are working on, JXL for Jira.
JXL is a full-fledged spreadsheet/table view for your issues that allows viewing, inline-editing, sorting, and filtering by all your issue fields, much like you’d do in e.g. Excel or Google Sheets. It also comes with a range of so-called smart columns that aren’t natively available, including the sub-task progress.
This is how it looks in action:
This is exactly the progress bar you see in the individual issue view.
I should add that JXL doesn't currently come with a dashboard gadget (but will, soon!) - but many of our customers simply use a JXL sheet as a de-facto dashboard.
Any questions just let me know,
Best,
Hannes
If you would like to try out a mktplace app for your requirement, please take a look at an add-one have developed for the same use case.
Issue Hierarchy
Below is the screen grab of the Jira issue view. You can easily check the child issues, their status, % completion progress for time estimates as well as story points.
Disclaimer : I am part of the team which developed this app
Hello @Steve Nienaber
There is not a native gadget to display that, but I'm pretty sure I've seen app vendors respond that there are apps available to do that.
This looks great, I will try the free trial. How do I cancel if I choose not to proceed?
I'm glad to hear that JXL might help solving your use case!
You can cancel your trial in Jira's app management, under
https://<your-jira-site>.atlassian.net/plugins/servlet/upm?source=side_nav_manage_addons
Just find the app, expand the panel, and click Stop Trial.
Just loaded the free trial and I see the potential. Our instance is such where we have the top level Epic as a Capability and underlying Epics as Features. How do I see the "Child Issues" progress bar as shown in my screen shot above? I see Progress and Sub-Task Progress, but they don't yield results as they seem to be looking for time-tracked issues, not Epics underneath.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.