Hi Folks,
At this point, I feel I am going around in circles having tried various things to solve this issue.
I should say from the outset, I am a newbie to the site but love the product.
Today I setup my first automation in Jira Product Discovery and it runs as follows:
Once an issue changes from status A to status B I want to set a value in a new custom field I have created.
However, if the Actor is set to 'Automation for Jira' the rule fails with the following error:
Unknown fields set during edit, they may be unavailable for the project/type. Check your custom field configuration. Fields ignored - Deferment date (customfield_10063)
No fields or field values to edit for issues (could be due to some field values not existing in a given project): STOR-6
If I set the Actor to my user and try then the automation runs perfectly.
Seems to suggest permissions on the 'Automation for Jira' user.
So, I looked at the Default permission scheme (the only one I use) and even though ALL permissions have the 'atlassian-addons-project-access' project role assigned, the automation fails to execute.
if any kind soul can resolve, there's a coffee available or a large whiskey. 🥃
Your help would be MUCH appreciated.
Sending you all my best,
Nigel.