I would like to know if we can display the Epics in the sprint they are due just like any other task?
So I would like to have a process that I can assign an Epic in the sprint that it should be completed by. This way in the Sprint DoD I can have that all other stories and tasks should be completed by this point.
The problem that I am having is that the DevOps side does not have good visibility with the Epic perspective. They focus on the Kanban and backlog so much on the small tasks, that they forget that overall Epics need to be done by then. So at times its they cannot see the forest because of the trees situation.
We have an Epic Report, and we have a specific Epic Board. But that is not direct line of sight for Developers and DevOps on the day to day operations. Day to Day people are looking at My Work, Sprint Kanban, and the Sprint backlog. So we are having a hard time keeping visibility that an Epic must be done in a specific Sprint and Time. And that when an Epic is due in a Sprint that should be one of the main focus's to make sure the DoD and Acceptance Criteria for that Epic is done.
Epics show up in the release notes and that is great, but sometimes that is too late. As a Project / Product Manager I need to make sure that specific Epics are completed in specific sprints to feed into our QA and UAT testing department. But again developers and dev leads loose sight of this because they do not see Epics that are due in there normal work screens day by day.
Below is a MOCK UP of what I would love to see in the Sprint Backlog.
