I have a Team-managed (!) project with a few request types. My workflow is shared between some of the request types. I defined approval steps (agent assigns approvers, there's a dedicated field to hold the approvers).
When a ticket in one of the request types reaches the approval step, things work as expected.
When a ticket in another type reaches the approval step, it is stuck because it is impossible to add the approver.
This screenshot shows what happens when a ticket in the problematic request type reaches an approval stage - there's no way to add approver. The tooltip links are unhelpful as they point to Company-managed project documentation.

This screenshot shows that for the problematic request type, the "Approvals" field is missing as compared to the request type that works. I can't seem to be able to add the Approvals field manually:

How did I get into this mess, and how do I fix it?