I want to migrate a number of existing projects in Bugzilla to Jira cloud is there a migration tool available or best practices that I could follow?
BR,
Arsalan
Hi @Arsalan Ayub and welcome to the Community!
Have a look at this support article. In short, you can either import data from Bugzilla by first exporting them from Bugzilla to csv or by importing them into a DC instance of Jira first and then migrating them to cloud.
Hope this helps!
Dear Walter thanks for your feedback I have gone through the support article is pretty spot on. Bugzilla does not have a plugin but one can use the CSV import wizard
Which took me to the following support article for CSV files Import data from a CSV file | Atlassian Support
Best Regards,
Dear Community members and @Walter Buggenhout how can I use the CSV import wizard with a custom meta data file or also know as configuration file.
Hi @Arsalan Ayub,
Regarding your additional comment:
A config file can be useful if you plan to run a similar import repeatedly. You create it (or Jira creates it for you) after you run your first import manually. At the end, you have the ability to save the settings you specified to such a file that you can then upload in a next import, so you don't have to specify all your settings manually all over again.
It might be useful for your migration scenario if you plan on doing a (set of) test migration(s) first, so you can save time and gain confidence for your production migration.
Thanks or the prompt response dear @Walter Buggenhout Is there a template or sample configuration file to be used? I am not sure if we both are on the same page kindly allow me to share some additional screenshots. The page for importing bugs from an external CSV file is below:
If you click this check box above the following option appears:
I am looking forward to creating my configuration file with the mapping elements between Bugzilla and JIRA:
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/#CSV-file-structure
Am I on the right path?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.