When migrating from Jira Work Management to Jira Software, is there a risk of encountering broken links or losing tickets from my board?
Thank you.
Hi Youmna - Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
If you have any Components or Releases on the Jira Work Management (JWM) project, then you need to create those same things in the Jira Software (JSW) project before you migrate.
The Links and all of that should work fine. Depending on how your board was setup you might have to adjust your filter in the JSW project, but I doubt it.
Finally, if you are using any custom fields that have a context with the JWM project, you would need to add the JSW project to the context.
All of this is assuming both are Company-managed projects. If not, let us know.
The Work management project that I'm migrating from is team managed and the Jira software project is company managed. Could you please advise on what steps to take if the configuration of my new Jira Software project doesn't align with the previous Work Management project? I'm concerned about the potential loss of tickets or have my clients encounter broken links after the migration process.
Thank you!
I also noticed an option for bulk cloning many issues at once (Deep Clone for Jira). Would this option be helpful in my case? Can I bulk clone issues and send them to another project? Just to keep a copy of what I have.
Deep Clone is a wonderful tool, but you should check with them directly to see if this is a scenario they would suggest.
After you do all of the items I mention above, you will need to create Custom Fields with the same Type and Name if they don't already exist for Company-managed projects.
You will also need to create all of the same schemes in advance - workflows, screens, issue types, etc.
After you do all of that, do a Move of one issue in the Team-managed to the Company-managed and see how well it does as a test.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.