We use Jira Assets to track hardware and software associated to each employee. I was wondering if there is a way to list out any assets an employee holds during an off-boarding process.
Ideal workflow:
- An employee's manager submits an off-boarding form to HR listing the employees name and final day.
- This HR form is used to trigger a new IT request (Task) which lists out the assets associated with the employee, allowing them to perform the off-boarding tasks required (application/software account removal, etc).
So far I've been able to create the HR Form and associate the Employee Name field with the Asset Object that is the employee. This allows the Asset (Employee) to display within the Details section of the request. It also provides a link to view the Object Details, which contains the information I'm looking for (Software accounts).
Two things:
I would like to pull the name of the Employee (asset) to display in the Description field. When using {{Employee Name}} to call the asset, I can only display the Object ID, but not the actual name of the Object.
Also, is there a way to list specific attribute(s) from the asset when it is referenced.
- For example, in the Description of the IT Request opened by Automation, a list of Software Accounts (the attribute) is displayed based on the Employee (the asset) being off-boarded.


