We want to differentiate Operations Tasks from Development issues (Bugs, Enhancements, etc.). If we enter these items, classified as Tasks, can JIRA collect them into a unique Backlog assortment?
That's an easy way to do it, but you need to remember that a "backlog" belongs to a board.
So to do this, you'll need two boards. One with a filter that excludes your "tasks" and a second that includes them, and excludes the others.
I should create a new Board from the existing Project...correct? How do I create the filtering of the New Board, or re-filtering the Existing Board? I did a quick review of the Existing one but did not see any filter to edit. Please advise...thank you.
Yes, that's the easiest way. All boards have a filter definition on the first configuration page - they get created for you when you create a board from a project. Follow the link in there to get to the filter display and you'll be able to edit and then save it. Your board will use it immediately.
Sorry, Sport, I need more detailed direction. I understand the concept you have provided; but, I do not understand how to implement it. Please advise...thank you.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.