Can I configure a workflow so that creation of its issue is only from a parent?
Hello @Phil Bustin
Yes we able to configure a workflow and use condition to avoid the creation of sub task so that they can only be created from its primary / parent issue
Thanks
Thank you. The only Validator I see in the Create condition that might apply is the parent status. The statuses are general enough so that I can probably specify a parent status of In Progress, and any of 3 parents can spawn the child issue. The presumption, then, is that if there's no parent, one cannot create the issue?
Correct, you can't create a sub-task outside of a parent issue, it has to be done from within.
So far, it's not configured as a sub-task, but that's an obvious solution I'll propose. What I meant is, the only Validator I see for the regular issue type is the parent status. I assume if we change the issue type to "sub-task", I won't need to take any other action to prevent creation outside a parent.
A sub-task has to be created off its parent. How else are you creating a child issue which is what a sub-task is.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.