Hey there,
I'm responsible for building Process documents for two different teams, one with access to confluence, the other relying on Word/PDF exports from me.
In the previous server version of Confluence, I used screenshots (Snipping Tool / Snag it) to add visual support. I never had any issues with these images showing up in my confluence page, Word Exports, or PDF exports.
However, now that we've migrated to the cloud, I've noticed that screenshots added in the new Editor (not legacy) will show in my PDF exports, but not consistently in my Word Exports. Instead ~90% of images will be replaced box with the error "This picture can't be displayed".
Since the Table of Contents macro and in-page anchors no longer work in this version of confluence (cue the hair pulling here), Word seems to be the better tool for non-confluence users due to it's navigation side pane. My process documents are around 20 pages. Just too much for PDFs without side pane navigation.
Can anyone help me figure out what's going on? Is there an open bug for this? are there workarounds? (beyond getting that 2nd team into confluence, sadly it's not going to happen).
Transparency: I have no technical/coding background.
Thanks all for your support!