I use several statistics gadgets on dashboards to show a consolidated breakdown of tickets by status. The sorting options for statistic gadgets are limited to `Total` and `Natural` which is fine for MOST fields; however when using Status field, these gadgets should also allow the option to do a logical or workflow sort.
For the `Issue Statistics` gadget when using Status, sorting by Total makes sense but I'm not sure what logic is used for 'Natural' sorting. Ideally, I would prefer to see the data in order of workflow or status categories which is easier to follow/read at quick glance.

I would rather see the "Natural" sort order for Status be workflow order:

For two-dimensional statistics gadgets, I think it would be better to either have a secondary sort option, like one for each axis; or when using Status then Natural sort should sort logically by workflow order.


I suppose my "question" is, has anyone figured out how to do this? If not, should this be a feature request?