I have some jira automation rules that are working but I need to make a few changes to them, for example change the Summary of a sub-task that is being created.
I can type the change needed but moving out of the Summary field (in a number of different ways) doesnt save the changes and the value reverts back to the original value. I can sort of get bits to work but I cant see whats is going on.
I can over-write part of the Summary text for the creation of a new sub-task, but not another part of the text. I am trying to update the text:
ID02 xxxxxxxx - {{issue.customfield_22222}}
I can edit the ID text, but not the xxxxxx section - this is the bit I actually want to change. The smart values caused no end of trouble when the rules were originally created, with not saving properly. For the updates, I have found that if I add the new text:
ID02 yyyyyyy xxxxxxxx - {{issue.customfield_22222}}
tab out of the field, go to another step, then come back and delete the text I dont want I can get it to update. This works but its horribly long winded.
I also have an if-then-else that I want to add some new conditions to and I cant find any way to add or update these values. It looks like I have to completely re-create the rule if I want to make these kinds of changes.
I cant find anything on problems with using smart values or editing rules. Does anyone have any suggestions.