I have two boards and there are a lot of tasks running there and I have to merge all the data of these boards into a new one. How can I do that?
Hi @Amit Bisht
board is based upon a filter, so have have to construct a filter that will provide the correct issues.
So create a new board based on a filter that incorporates all issues.
Hi @Amit Bisht Welcome to the community!The issue is not so much the boards, but where the issues are stored. They are stored in projects and boards are mainly a way to visually present and organize the issues.
The boards is based on filter JQL query, so if you want to merge two boards you need to combine the JQL in one. You must pay attention to the states of the projects that are the same so that you see everything reflected in an order
Just navigate to the configuration of one of your boards and go to your board settings. On the general tab, you will find the board filter:
Click edit filter query and update the filter so it returns issues from your 2 projects. That would be something like this, to continue my same example:
Project in (ABC, DEF) ORDER BY Rank ASC
If your projects use the same workflows, issues from all your 2 projects should now appear on the same board.
Regards,Sushant Verma
Hi @Sushant Verma I have Kanaban Boards, will the process be same there?
@Amit Bisht Yes, The boards is based on filter JQL query, so if you want to merge two boards you need to combine the JQL.Regards,Sushant Verma
@Sushant Verma I am not able to find this General option in my board.I have the Site Admin access of JIRA Account
The issue is that your projects are team managed projects and not company managed projects.
Team managed projects are like a siloed container. You will need to switch to a company maned project and their you are able to create a single board based upon a filter.
Here is documentation how you are able to migrate a tea managed project.
migrate-between-team-managed-and-company-managed-projects
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.