Hi All,
I am using the average age chart to report on our service desk tickets.
The filter I am using has the following:
Project="Service Desk" and created >= -52w AND Resolved >= -52w AND assignee in ("service desk group")
So, nothing fancy (as far as I can tell)
For this filter, the average age chart shows a monthly average for January to be 20 days
So far so good.
However, when I tried to be more granular to see how the different types of the tickets age, this is where things are not adding up.
So, keep in mind that for ALL ticket in the filter above, the average is 20 days. Once I add another filter example:
Project="Service Desk" and created >= -52w AND Resolved >= -52w AND assignee in ("service desk group") AND Module=SOMETHING
the average age jumps to 30, 40 or 70 depending on the selected module.
I went through all MODULE groups as well as MODULE NOT IN (everything else selected) and all totals were significantly higher than 20 days.
I would have thought the law of averages means that some will be more than 20 and some less, but that's not the case.
Can anyone shed some light on this?