Is there a way to expose a Confluence space to the public but only have it visible by people that have the link? This might be better explained in an example.
Would like to expose some product documentation / Help via a public Confluence site. We would link to the site using a Help menu within our hosted web application. I would like only users of our application to have access to this content and not have it searchable to the public as a whole? The users that would have access would not be Confluence users and would not have a need to comment, edit, etc. in Confluence. They would only need view access.
The parallel example that I equate this to is a Picasa (Google) photo album. I can choose to make an album accessibel to the public, but only to people that have a special URL that gives them access, but not "the world."
Have others done this in some manner? Thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.
To clarify, our instance is an on-demand / hosted instance.