I'm currently refining permission schemes in Jira Service Management (Company-managed) and have run into a dilemma with the default 'Service Desk Team' project role. My aim is to use custom project roles tailored to specific agents and their functions, such as an 'HR Team Member' role for targeted automations and assignments.
However, when I attempt to remove or not use the 'Service Desk Team' role, Jira indicates a critical error, suggesting this role is integral to the project's operation. This seems redundant for my setup since I, as the Jira admin, am creating specific roles with designated permissions.
Here are my concerns and objectives:
- Custom Roles for Specific Functions: I intend to use custom roles like 'HR Team Member' for detailed automations, such as auto-assigning issues based on specific criteria. This approach seems to clash with the broad application of the 'Service Desk Team' role.
- Critical Error on Removal: Removing the 'Service Desk Team' role from the permission scheme leads to critical errors. Is this role mandatory for the system's functionality, even if equivalent permissions are granted through custom roles? Or, should I simple keep 'Service Desk Team' role in the permission scheme but not use it for assignment in the People section?
- Project-Level Permissions Management: I aim to streamline permissions management at the project level, allowing for nuanced control and identification of agents in automations without relying on the 'Service Desk Team' role.
Could someone clarify the following for me?
- The essential purpose of the 'Service Desk Team' role in Jira Service Management, especially in contexts where custom roles are created with specific permissions to use in automation.
- Best practices for integrating custom project roles without losing functionality or encountering critical errors, particularly for setups that require detailed automations and role-based issue assignments.
Any insights or experiences with managing custom roles alongside or in place of the 'Service Desk Team' role would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!