Hey there,
I have a project that I created a scrum board for. However I am noticing that the work is probably more suited to Kanban. Can I create a Kanban board for the same project and just use that instead?
You can just create a new Kanban board and remove the old one (or make the filter private so that no one else uses it).
of course you can run parallel boards on one project
Hi do you have a reference to how one can do that? I haven't found that anywhere maybe I misunderstood. You mean I can have a project with parallel boards but completly independent only related by the fact that they are used to manage the same project. Could I have an overview of the tasks running on both boards, could I release on the same project versioning line and finally could I create for the project and then allow the manager to select which Board to use?
Hello, I have the same questions as David. Can someone please respond back to us? Thanks!
Hi
I have set up 11 boards all referencing a single project - 10 are SCRUM boards and one is a KANBAN board. All you have to do is create a new board and select the project - the same way that you did when creating the original board. The filter of each board is different and references different issues within the same project based on custom fields, etc.
What I'm investigating now is whether it is possible to have issues appear on two boards at once - one KANBAN and then once it reaches a certain phase it should then also appear on a SCRUM board.
Cheryl
Hi Cheryl, I'm curious if you learned anything from the investigation you referred to in this answer
+1
Hi, sorry for the delay in responding! The filter queries of each board control what issues are displayed, so it is definitely possible to have multiple boards referencing the same set of issues. For example, I've just created two boards now: * Both reference the same project. * Kanban board I've left with the default filter query - eg "project = LHGSD ORDER BY Rank ASC" * Scrum board I've amended the default filter query by adding that it should only display issues in a certain status - eg "project = LHGSD AND issuetype = Support AND status = "In Development" ORDER BY Rank ASC" * Now both boards reference the same project, with the Kanban board showing all issues, and the Scrum board only showing issues in the In Development status. Cheryl
Bueller?
@Anna Pahlevanyan
I think I have the same requirement as you
See my post
Are using net gen or classic? I cannot see an option to create multiple boards
Hi @Robert_Jonas
I was using next gen (you can't create multiple boards on next gen), I am now using classic
Yes, you can, but you may also want to close out any sprints you may have in progress to avoid noise.
Just wandering if you have project with both a scrum and bug Kanban board, will the issues appear in the master board, lets assume Kanban board,? question is will is issues in sprint and issues designated for a bug Kanban appear in the master Kanaban board/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.