Can you plaease explain to a fifth grader what are the differences between and, and , or in a JIRA Query? How do I simply know what to use and and when to use or?
Hi @kathy.smith and welcome to the Community!
Have a look here for some examples to help acclimate yourself with usage.
@kathy.smith,
Welcome to the community!
An "OR" means that a ticket will be returned if it matches either part of the query. An "AND" means a ticket will be returned only if it matches both parts of the query.
For example, the Query issuetype = bug or priority = High will return all bugs and all tickets with a high priority.
The query issuetype = bug and priority = High will return all bugs that have a high priority, and nothing else.
I hope that helps!
Hi @kathy.smith -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
In addition to the other answers provided, here is some free, self-paced training from Atlassian on creating and using queries with JQL. These explain the topics and have exercises to practice as you learn.
https://university.atlassian.com/student/activity/1225443-intro-to-jql-in-jira-software-course-description
https://university.atlassian.com/student/path/849533-gain-project-insights-through-jql
Kind regards,Bill
Thanks Laurie. That really helps!
Thanks Bill. I will take the classes. I didn't know where to find things like this.
Thanks! It really does help!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.