Can I specify employee competencies or skills in Jira? When assigning issues, I only want to assign the issue to an employee who is qualified or suitable for it.
Hi @Hennie Bink and welcome to the Community!
No, you can't manage Skills for Jira users.
You could sort them into Groups and add Workflow Validators or Automation rules to ensure the Issue is assigned to a User from a specific group. I am not too sure on how practical that would be though.
On a project level, people should be able to know who can work on an issue as it's usually one team?
Hi @Hennie Bink
It's Mary from Planyway for Jira: workload, time tracking, roadmapping
In Jira, while there's not a built-in feature specifically designed for tracking employee competencies or skills directly, you can achieve this goal through a combination of custom fields, labels, and Jira's powerful querying and automation capabilities. Here are some strategies you could use to manage and assign issues based on employee competencies or skills:
Hello @Hennie Bink
I have a solution that I developped to solve that purpose with and without ai.
Skills Management for Jira Smart Ticket.
The application allow you to:
For more details, you can follow our FAQ.
Hi @Flaubert TAGU
please check out the Rules of engagement - Atlassian Community
Necro posting is against the Community rules and so posting advertisment for an App without providing knowledge outside of that.
As Marketplace Partner, there are more guidelines to adhere to which you can find here: Atlassian Partners - Rules of Engagement - Atlassian Community
Hello @Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
You are right. This post is more than 6 months old. Should I remove my comment?
you can leave it, just make sure to adhere to the Guidelines in the future
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.