Hoping someone can explain what is going on with JIRA copy/paste functionality. When I copy text and paste it into the Description field of my issues, the text is pasted, however so is what looks to be a screenshot of the text. Additionally, at the same time a PNG file of the exact image/screenshot is automatically attached to the JIRA issue.
Steps to recreate:
- CTRL-C to copy text from any source (Word/OneNote/Web Browser)
- CRTL-V to paste text into Description field of JIRA issue
Our company has observed this consistently in JIRA cloud for months (no idea how long it's been going on for as I'm new to the company). This is causing all of our JIRA issues to become cluttered with useless content and attached files. It is also causing problems within our Scrum Teams as it becomes cumbersome and confusing to review Epics, Initiatives, Stories, etc. due to to so much junk content and files being automatically attached.
I've included a screenshot where I copied/pasted one line of text and you can see the screenshot directly below the text, as well as, the PNG file it attaches.
If no solutions exists PLEASE open a bug to resolve this issue!!!!