Hi: I just converted a Subtask to a Task and now it's not showing up on our Kanban board.
Hi @Quinn Bell -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What is the filter for the board?
What is the status value of the task, and is that status mapped to a board column?
It is possible the converted task does not match the board filter, or that the status is not showing on the board.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Bill:
I'm not sure what you mean by "filter"? We have this board shown below. In the column "Quinn In progress" there's a task that has a whole bunch of child issues (subtasks) that I would like to show up in the column and not on the task ticket. I converted the subtask to a task, but now I can't find it on the board. If I use the search field I can find it but its no where to be found here.
From that image, I see that is a team-managed project, and so the filter is not edited by the team. (For company-managed projects, teams have more control over what displays on the board, including adjusting the filter.)
You show a subtask, MARKCRE-836; is that one of the ones converted to a task? If so, that shows a status of Done, and so if that was completed more than 2 weeks ago it will no longer display on the board.
Do you have an example of a subtask which is not Done, which was converted to a Task, and which is not appearing on the board or in the backlog?
Bill: Thank you so much for taking the time to help with this. Maybe this will help. Below is a screenshot of a subtask (that was on the task from above) converted to a task. When I converted it, I expected it to show up on our board and I would then be able to place it in the column I need. But when I converted it, it disappeared from the board. I can search for it and find it, but what I really need is for it to show up on our board. Does that make sense?
What ended up happening is that the Task became too inundated with sub-tasks and made it very difficult to track the status of things. It became apparent that it wold make sense to have all these child issues be their own task so we could keep track of where they are.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.