I just started with JIRA for a small team and created my project using the KANBAN template( free plan I have less than 10 users in my team - 2 developers and 4 reviewers providing business requirements) - I just need to document work items( requirements actually) to follow up. I want to keep it as simple as possible the simplified workflow is good enough( todo, in progress done) - no scrum board just document issues. The project content is described in Confluence and linked to JIRA.
I want to structure the project in functional domains(Epics) and subdomains(Stories) . and for each subdomain create tasks( and subtasks eventually) and bugs.
But looking at the Issue types Epic is not there. Subtask is present. But when I Click on the Create Button to create a new issue, the dropdown menu lets me only choose between Story, Task and Bug.
Am I limited in subdividing my project in Stories only, and within each Story only use Tasks without subtasks?