Hello -
I've created several custom fields and all of them are showing up on the right panel of the ticket instead of in the main ticket area. The fields include things like checklists which are not visible on the right side. These fields are often overlooked by users, which is a problem for us.
How do I move these custom fields over to the main ticket area?
My issue is identical to the one described here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/Why-are-custom-fields-on-the-right-side-of-the-view-sceen/qaq-p/917221
Thanks!!
Hello @Jenna L'Esperance
@Derek Fields _RightStar_ 's answer is not correct.
You can move the fields through the Issue Layout option to reposition then in the same area where Description is displayed.
https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/configure-field-layout-in-the-issue-view/
Here is an example where I have moved the SK Only Number field from the Context Fields section (fields shown on the right in Issue View) to the Description Fields section (fields shown on the left in Issue View)
The short answer is that you can't move the field. Atlassian has decided for Jira Software, that non-paragrph fields (e.g., Description) belong on the panel on the right. This is a training issue for your users. They will learn where to look for the fields as they become used to the UI.
That's unfortunate. Maybe I can put a table in as the default value of a paragraph field in place of using the checklist option.
Trudy's response solved this for me.
@Jenna L'Esperance
@Derek Fields _RightStar_ 's answer is not correct. Please see the answer I provided.
Thank you, @Trudy P Claspill !! I was able to follow your instructions and now see the custom fields in the "main" area of the ticket exactly where I need them to be.
Hi @Jenna L'Esperance
You can use Issue Checklist for Jira free to create Checklists and view them on the main Issue panel.
as shown:
Checklists with Issue checklists are easier to manage and can help you create simple automation around them to automate your processes.
I will be happy to give you a tour of the App, please reach out here.
@Trudy P Claspill do you know why, when creating a work-item via automation, that the fields which i configured in the description field area are still pushed to the right side?
when the same work-item is created via the portal, the fields are set correctly in the description field area
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.