I am trying to use an automation rule to assign an asset to a custom field and make changes to it.
When using one rule I had the issue that the assignment of the object seems to have a certain delay, so if the step `edit object` did not 'see' the asset already. A comment to the issue did. My assumption is that that field is 'eventually consistent' and it just takes a while.
My idea to work around that is to have to automation rules:
1. the first assigns the asset object to the field within the ticket and transistions from OPEN->IN-PROGRESS
2. the second one is triggered when the first finishes and does the editing.
My problem is that a transistion trigger (->IN_PROGRESS) does not kick in when the automation sets the status - it does when I go back to OPEN and transition to IN_PROGRESS manually. Might be that bug: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/AUTO-381
What other triggers am I able to use here? I tried to use 'Value Changes' but that does not kick in either.