Hi Atlassian Community,
I am trying to connect a mailbox to a JSM project.
The mailbox has a two-factor authentication which they do not allow to be excluded.
Would you be able to guide me how I can connect the mailbox without excluding it from MFA?
Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
You will need to exclude it from MFA (assuming it is an Exchange email inbox) - there's no way a service account can log in without doing MFA, and there's no sane way to give a service account the factors it needs to do MFA.
Thank you Nic!
Apparently this can be managed by App passwords for two-step verification. But that option is not necessarily allowed by the sys admins.
I'm afraid you have no choice - your admins need to allow that route.
Hello @Valli ,I tried to setup an App password for a non shared mailbox, and could not find a way to authenticate a microsoft email account in "Email requests" of JSM project. I can't find where to enter the created App password, and entering it at microsoft authentication popup fails (it expects the real account pass, not the app pass I generated).
If anyone can post how to use MS external email in JSM, that will be mandatory around 15th of October when MS enforces MFA for all accounts.Regards,
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.