Hello community, I have questions about releases!
In one of our projects we have a couple of workflows where all of them ends up with three status in a row, all of them categorized as Done. The statuses are “Ready for production” followed by “Ready for test in production” which in turn is followed by status “Closed”.
All of these three statuses appear in the last column in all boards.
We usually work in sprints and we define an issue as “Done” when it reaches the status “Ready for production“. (We are not always able to deploy to production in the end of a sprint due to different reasons but still want to reach some kind of done in the sprint)
But it is only when an issue is changed to status “Closed” the resolution is set.
We use to release a version in Jira when all of its issues are in status “Ready for production” (and an automation rule sets all of them to status “Ready for test in production”). Everything has been working fine until this week when Jira all of a sudden says: This release contains unresolved issues . I can see its due to the fact resolution is not yet set.
Is this a new feature? Do I need to change all of the workflows? Do I have to set resolution when the issue reach “Ready for production”? Is it a big “nono” to have three status categorized as Done?
/Åse