Automation rule :I want as soon as a subtask of << status category >> changes from To Do to Doing that the parent also appears in << status >> doing
Is this possible with automation rule and how?
Hi @Eric Roetenberg Yes, it is possible using the automation for Jira.
Please check the below Atlassian document where in solution-1 it gives how to achieve this using the automation rule, you can tweak it if you want to change as per your condition.
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-automatically-transition-the-parent-status-based-on-sub-task-status-1141974483.html
Please try and let me know in case of any issues.
Thanks
Ravina
Hi @Eric Roetenberg ,
I'll agree with Ravina's answer.
For an automation of status change, you will have to trigger the automation when a Sub-task's status is changed, action would be to update the parent's status to Doing if it isn't in the status already.
While this is a very theoretical answer, do let us know if you face any issues while configuring this and we'll surely try to debug it ahead.
I've added a similar logic in this answer here https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-questions/1st-issue-in-an-Epic-is-moved-to-quot-ready-for-development-quot/qaq-p/2603170
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.