I'm not looking for solutions that utilize a plugin to Jira, only solutions in native Jira Software Cloud Premium.
I would like to create a global automation rule that, upon project creation, creates a list of predefined issues. The question is: How to create an automation that triggers only for certain projects?
-> I would like to define a project name prefix, e.g. "CP:*", that would be the trigger to create the aforementioned group of issues (Epics, tasks, sub-tasks) to the newly created project.
An example:
- I create a company-managed software project with the name "CP: testproject1"
- I select the project to copy settings from an existing template project
- The automation triggers per the name conditional "CP:*"
- The automation creates a predefined list of issues in the product backlog
With automation, how would this be possible? Is the project name conditional the way to go or would something else work better?