Up until when Epic Links were replaced with the parent field, I could write some JQL that would extract the columns I wanted. I would then use the Jira/Excel addon to export the results directly into Excel. Once in Excel from the Import Data from Jira addon panel you can go to the Fields tab, click on edit, search the fields by Epic and then scroll down to Epic Link and there is a dropdown that will allow you to select Epic Name.
This would then include the name of the Epic in the extract of the issues.
Now when I add an issue to an Epic and run the same extract the EPIC Name field is empty. Older issues still have the Epic Name.
I am assuming now the epic name is no longer being populated.
That's the long story and my request is how do I get the Parent Summary value of an issue to be to be included using JQL.
Thanks