Our hierarchy has Features->Epics->Stories->Subtasks
I was looking for a solution that changes status from subtask to parent. For example if one subtask is in 'Blocked' status then all the parents in the chain should be 'Blocked' too. If the status for the subtasks/children (or any other type of linkage that we specify) changes to something other than blocked then the system should check if there are other children that are 'Blocked' and if not, then it should move the Parent status based on some rule (in progress/other status that we might define).
The other immediate need is to cascade fields from child to parent. There are certain children that have due dates, and I would want the due date of the child with the latest due date to be carried over to the parents (Features/Epics/Stories etc). (say 2 children have due dates on Day 5 and Day 10 I would want the parent to automatically carry a due date of Day 10).
Any solutions / apps / plugins regarding this will be appreciated.