Can I restrict Jira issue creation to strictly go through forms? i.e. it can not be done through the "Create" button at the top (or that the button would lead to the form link).
Hello @Oskar Stedt
With what type of project are you working - Jira Work Management, Jira Software, or Jira Service Management?
And how have you produced the forms?
I don't believe there is any method to redirect the Create button/operation in Jira to a secondary form.
Can you explain the problem you are trying to solve with this implementation? Perhaps we can suggest an alternative.
Hi Trudy,
It is a project in Jira Software, although over time the use of the board has shifted to more of a Service Management type of project. We use the board to track tasks within the team, but since a lot of tasks come from other teams, I thought it would be helpful with a form and utilize required responses to make sure they don't create tickets with insufficient information.
I created the form in project settings. I suppose there isn't a way to change the type of project from Software to Service Management?
Thanks,
Oskar
How did you create forms under Project Settings in a Jira Software project? That is not a native option for such projects. Are you using a third party forms app or are you part of an Early Access Program for forms for Jira Software?
It isn't possible to change the type of a project. You would need to create a new Service Management project and move the issues from the Software project to the new project. Depending on how many issues you have, it may be better to wrap up those keeping them in the current project and start the Service Management project for any new issues going forward.
I guess I must be part of the Early Access Program, it's not a third party app:
When I start the new service project, will I be able to all the automations for the current project?
So forms have been rolled out to Jira software as of 2025, wondering if there is a way to acomplish what OP was asking.
I would like to restrict a project for folks to be able to create issues via form only, and not via create issue
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.