I've been a scrum master for some years in an earlier emplyment and now also admin in my new job so I know how to work in Jira but lacking some info on the background setup. Guess that's why I can't solve the problem I have.
I have a project with several teams under. To be able to seperate the teams issues in their board I've created one board per team and filtered so only issues connected to the specific team is shown for each board. The problem is when I create a issue directly in the Backlog by just clicking Create Issue and fills in the Summary. Then the issue isn't automatically added to the backlog instead I need to search for it (or be quick to click the popup that says a new issue is created) and fill in Team. Then it is shown as it should in the backlog. This is something I do quite often so the extra steps are a bit irritating.
Can it be done automaticly or is this the correct (but a bit time consuming) way?
And also as a side-question; do I need to create teams or is it unnecessary? Any benefits on teams? I haven't seen them yet....