Hi there,
I have an existing automation that will create a new story and link it to an existing Epic using "Epic Link".I am now trying to do the same using the Parent field but I can't find the Epic name to choose from the dropdown options.Appreciate any help on how I can do that. Thanks.
Hi WB,
You can't connect using the Epic Name, you will need to use the Key of the Epic for the Parent field value.
Hi @WB ,
Try to use this in the Additional fields section of the automation under More options:-
{ "fields": { "Epic Link": "<EPIC KEY>" } }
Regards,Mayuresh
Hi @Mayuresh Kamble ,
The field that I wanted to set is Parent.... so I tried the suggested method for the Parent field instead as below.{
"fields": {
"Parent": "<EPIC KEY>" }
}I encountered the error message "Error while parsing additional fields. Not valid JSON."
Hi @John Funk ,
How can I see the Key of the Epic? I can only see the fields below.
You should be able to use Parent.
Please use the "Epic Link" field it will populate the Parent field automatically.
I am currently using the "Epic Link" field. Thanks.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.