Hi,
We are currently using Jira Premium (trial) and using a new hierarchy level called Objective, which is on top of the hierarchy (above Epic which is itself above Story).
I know how to use automation to update the parent when all children are transitionned, but I thought this could work as a "waterfall".
For example, if the last story of an epic is set to the Done status, the Epic above is set to Done too, then if it the last one, the Objective above would be set to Done.
But it doesn't work like this : the rule only applies on the closest parent. Meaning in my example, only the Epic will be set to Done.
At the same time, if I MANUALLY set the Epic to Done, the behavior is ok, the Objective will be transitionned. But not if I start from below.
The action performed by automation itself doesn't count as a proper transition ?
Screenshots :
Story : I changed the status

Epic : Automation is ok

Objective : hasn't changed

Again if I do the manual transition on the Epic, the Objective will change.
Here is my automation, quite simple for now, but I'm ok to add more steps if needed, to chain actions and automations

Thanks for your help.