Hi there,
Is it possible to retrieve Jira Product Discovery projects using the Jira API's Get projects paginated endpoint (or another API endpoint)?
I can see that it's possible to retrieve Jira Product Discovery Ideas using the Jira API (from Third-party integrations) but I'm interested in retrieving at the project level.
Thanks,
Rowan
Hi @Rowan B -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!
What happens when you try to retrieve them with the REST API function? When I tried it just now the JPD projects were returned.
Kind regards,Bill
Hi Bill,
I feel a bit silly for not having tried this first...indeed I get them back when I leave the typeKey query parameter empty.
I was hoping to be able to fetch Product Discovery projects exclusively though - I just tried setting typeKey to `product_discovery` and that seems to work. Having said that the API docs say:
typeKeystring
string
Orders results by the project type. This parameter accepts a comma-separated list. Valid values are business, service_desk, and software.
business
service_desk
software
Makes me wonder if I should rely on functionality that isn't documented publicly...EDIT: I notice also that the returned projectType value is null...a bit disconcerting...
I do see a value in projectTypeKey for the JPD projects when I search for all of them:
"projectTypeKey": "product_discovery"
And, because JPD is relatively new, that may be why this type is not yet shown (or accepted) as a parameter value for that order-results expression.
Still not working sadly
Hey,
i have a similar question. I am trying to retrieve data as well via third party tools (Zoho Analytics)
We can see all Jira Cloud Data through this API but we cannot see any JPD data. Neither issue keys nor fields.
Does JPD have another API?
Hi @Sebastian Pechhold
Please see the above posts about the differences for projectTypeKey and typeKey with the REST API endpoints, and then contact the vendor of that third-party tool to ask them about making adjustments to support pulling JPD data.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.